Cooking Lately...






So I pretty much love to cook, especially with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I'd say my specialties are pastas and mexican food infused with other cultures flavors and what not. I really like to experiment. Lately, I made a chicken squash and zucchini pasta with red sauce and roasted tomatoes and a more greek inspired dish with all different types of olives-including my favorite Kalamata (which are expensive but totally worth the splurge flavor wise). It also had fire roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts in it- I think I had a mix of red sauce and sun dried tomato vinaigrette in it that turned out well. This year I've made a bunch of greek inspired pastas- my favorite included making sauces out of wines and cream.

I also love to make desserts. My favorite desserts to make are usually trifles. My most recent trifle attempts have gone rather well. I made one with blueberries, strawberries, freshly baked crispy angel food cake and berry flavored whipped cream. The other recent trifle was made with freshly baked triple chocolate cake, caramel, candied walnuts, regular whipped cream, and hazelnut coffee flavored whipped cream. I didn't get either idea from a recipe..they were just kind of- Well I like the flavors of all of these, let's throw them in the dish together and hope they taste good.

Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment